- The Plant was founded on October 23, 1916, as a state-owned enterprise – Ekaterinburg Refinery, which started industrial production and processing of platinum-group metals in Russia. Today EZOCM JSC is one of the leading Russian refineries, performs a full range of precious metals refining and processing services, and manufactures industrial products from gold, silver and platinum group metals.
- In October 2016, an international group of companies united under an umbrella brand Plaurum was established on the basis of EZOCM JSC.
- The product range of EZOCM JSC includes more than 300 000 items of materials and finished products made of precious metals and more than 250 precious metals alloys for industrial use.
- Customers of EZOCM JSC are more than 1200 companies in Russia and abroad, that operate in such industries as metallurgy and mining, automotive, electronics and electrical engineering, chemistry, medicine, nuclear and glass industry, dentistry, jewellery, etc. The export territory covers 36 countries, include countries Europe, Asia, North and South America.
- EZOCM JSC provides customers with a full range of analytical and engineering services (including consulting, design and research services in the mining and beneficiation of precious metals for mining companies). The plant also provides services of precious metals management.
- EZOCM JSC acts according to the development strategy covering the period until 2020. This strategy includes four main goals: modernization of production facilities and technologies, increase in the share of production of high-tech finished products of precious metals, development of new sources of raw materials, further expansion of the export geography.
- EZOCM JSC certified quality management system complies with ISO 9001:2015. The products have been regularly audited for compliance with the ISO 9000 since 1992; the entire QMS has been audited since 2004.
- In 2016, on the eve of the 100th anniversary, EZOCM JSC entered the RosBusinessConsulting 500 rating and was ranked 383rd among the largest Russian companies according to the magazine.
- EZOCM JSC is member of the Russian Non-Profit Partnership Association of Refining Plants.