The Central Analytical Laboratory of EZOCM JSC (CAL) is the same age as the plant itself. Since 2004, the CAL has been operating as an independent structural division of the company.
The key functional operations of the CAL consist in the elemental analysis of materials containing precious metals.
The test items under the CAL’s analytical control are as follows:
- refined metals;
- alloys based on precious metals (semi-finished and finished products of precious metals);
- mineral raw materials (placer platinum, surface gold) including precious metals concentrates;
- secondary waste containing precious metals (tolling and in-house production);
- waste catalysts of the chemical, petrochemical and automobile industries;
- chemical compounds of precious metals;
- ores containing precious metals and products of their refinement.
The analytical control results are used by the plant’s professionals:
- to validate products and tolling materials;
- to validate the company’s own production waste;
- to design new production processes and new types of products;
- to control production processes;
- to maintain metallurgical balance sheets of the plant and customers;
- to settle accounts with customers.
The CAL has the following resources to perform its operations: more than 150 validated analytical techniques; more than 320 sets of reference materials; 18 analytical methods; 46 units of sophisticated analytical equipment; weighing facilities in the quantity of 30 units; a facility with equipment for sample preparation.
Analytical control methods used at the CAL are as follows:
Various types of titration
Atomic emission with arc and spark spectrum excitation
Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry
Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry
X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (wave and energy dispersive analysis)
Infrared spectrometry (determination of gas forming components)
Assay tests (crucible melting and cupellation)
Assay gravimetric test
The test laboratory has been accredited by the Federal Service for Accreditation of Test Laboratories and by the “Analitica” international accreditation body pursuant to the requirements of GOST ISO/IEC 17025.
EZOCM JSC preduces reference materials of pure precious metals; precious metals based alloys, and industrial wastes containing precious metals. Reference materials are issued for analytical needs of plant laboratories, and according to request can be supplied for external customers. EZOCM is accredited in accordance with the requirements of International Standard ISO Guide 34 as a Reference Material Producer.
EZOCM JSC has a number of reference materials available for purchase. Main reference materials customers are laboratories of precious metals refining and recycling plants in Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Belarus, United Kingdom, China, Czech Republic, Germany, and USA.
Head of Central Analytical Laboratory
+7 (343) 311-46-44, email@example.com